What to Know About Acacia Health Insurance
Acacia Health Insurance (Acacia) is a Private Commercial Health Insurance Company registered under the laws of Ghana which operates for the benefit of its members.
As the Preferred Health Insurance Company in Ghana, our Scheme has accredited Service Providers across the country to provide comprehensive healthcare for all its members. There are various product options specially designed to cater for all categories of businesses and levels of employees.
Contact Acacia, and we will send you a proposal document for you to choose a plan for your employees to ensure quality healthcare, which is designed to relieve you of all administrative issues related to staff healthcare and help you concentrate on your core business.
Acacia Health Insurance Company offers a comprehensive medical care package to members, which include among others hospital consultations, surgeries, dental care, prescribed drugs and optical care. Acacia Health Insurance, the preferred Private Health Insurance Company in Ghana provides services in over 500 hospitals, clinics and laboratories across the 10 regions of Ghana.
Our Private Health Insurance Company in Ghana has various health plans to suit every business’ budget and size.
This is the minimum but a quality and very competitive plan by Acacia Health Insurance for organizations with large numbers where medical cost is a major financial issue. As the preferred Private Health Insurance Company in Ghana, Acacia Health Insurance has a plan to suit all budgets. Access to over 90% of our HSP network nationwide is guaranteed.
On this plan you can access over 95% of our HSP network coverage all over the country whilst affording you very competitive traditional benefits as well as handsome optical and dental covers. Sign your team on to this plan and enjoy unprecedented Health Insurance Cover.
This plan affords you access to over 500 facilities within the scheme. Both in-patient and out-patient covers have virtually endless limit with the assured benefit amounts that leaves no room for a need. Join the preferred Private Health Insurance Company in Ghana by signing up your team on to this plan and enjoy unprecedented Health Insurance Cover.
When one’s worth is so essential to the day-to-day running of the organization, this is the cover to choose. On this plan, courtesy Acacia Health Insurance, you can access any facility on our list without any authorization or barriers. You will enjoy our mobile phlebotomy service on this plan and a dedicated client relationship manager.
Acacia Health Insurance shall not be liable for payments in respect of the following:
- Cosmetic surgery for aesthetic purposes and reconstructive procedures
- Medical devices for secondary management like Hearing aids, contact lenses, braces, elastic stockings, Zimmer frames and wheel chairs and self-use medical devices e.g. BP monitors, glucometers
- Investigations, treatments, and surgery for obesity including slimming medications
- Intentional self-injury or illness resulting from alcoholism and drunkenness, drug addiction or the use of drugs not medically prescribed
- Treatment available as free public health services e.g. immunization, TB, Buruli Ulcer, Mental health/psychiatric conditions, VCT for HIV, Trachoma, Family planning, contraception etc.
- Herbal/ homeopathic treatment
- Medical examinations for non-medical purposes e.g. Pre-marital medical examinations, pre- employment, visa etc.
- Congenital abnormalities.
- Assisted reproduction, fertility treatment and treatment of sexual dysfunction
- Termination of pregnancy except where there is an immediate threat to maternal life.
- Treatment which involves rehabilitation other than physiotherapy
- Diagnosis and treatment overseas
- All endoscopic procedures (scoping procedures), except pre-authorized
- Chiropractic procedures and alternate medicine
- Mortuary services
- Any benefit not specified within the benefit option selected
- Over the counter medications and supplies
- Any expenses incurred in connection with injury or illness caused or contributed to by war or invasion or whilst engaging or taking part in military, naval or air force services or operation or riot or civil commotion.
- Dental exclusions –Orthodontics (cosmetic dental surgery), dentures, artificial teeth, bridges, crowns and braces.
- Treatment of sickness or injury by a member or dependent and for which any other party be liable, unless otherwise provided for under this policy(e.g. motor accident , workman compensation, group accident policy)
Below are the dental exclusions:
- Orthodontics (cosmetic dental surgery)
- Dentures/artificial teeth
Get in touch
For general enquiries, contact 0302 543 734 / 0302 543 738 or via [email protected]
For Client Service and Enquiries call 0233 008 860 / 0233 008 826 / 0233 009 927.
For any Challenges / Difficulties with Healthcare Services Providers (HSPs) and/or scheme, please contact our Call Center: 0233 008 821 / 0233 008 810 / 0233 009 926 / 0233 009 913.
Locate us at #5 Asoyi Lane, East Legon, Accra. Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00pm.