Main Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to;
• Checks and inspects supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures – Scrubs, Gowns gloves, CSSD materials, etc.
• Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, medications/solutions needed
• Assists surgeons and assistants in wearing the gowns and gloves
• Passes instruments and needed items to Surgeon during surgical procedures
• Assists with draping of sterile field
• Maintains highest standards of Sterile Technique during procedures
• Prepares and applies Sterile dressings for wound closure and to surgical wounds
• Assists with cleaning and preparing of Instruments for Sterilization
• Acts as a second assistant to sponge or suction operative site
• Acquires the appropriate sterile and unsterile items needed for procedure
• Opens sterile supplies on the sterile field
• Administers medication intra-operatively
• Receives patient for surgery and conducts the pre-operative Checklist (i.e. checks patient charts, identifies patient, correct site verification, verifies surgery to be performed with consents, and brings patient to assigned OR)
• Prepares patient skin prior to draping by surgical team
• Properly handles specimen for pathology as per protocol
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc in Nursing from a recognized institution.
• A registered member of Nurses and Midwife Council.
• Certificate & experience in Peri-Operative Nursing
• Experience in the theatre a major advantage
Interested Applicants should email their CV’s to: [email protected] with the job title clearly stated